WESTERVILLE – A Columbus man was arrested in Westerville after a Jimmy Johns manager found him passed out in a car with a handgun and two drug pipes on his lap.
It happened at 11:30 a.m. May 4 outside the Jimmy Johns at 576 W. Schrock Rd.
According to a police report, a Jimmy Johns manager called police after spotting a man passed out in a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix with a handgun on his lap. When police responded, they also found two glass smoking pipes with burnt residue on his lap.
Officers say they located a large amount of contraband. Seized items include:
- An additional magazine for the handgun loaded with 12 more rounds of ammunition in the driver’s door pocket.
- A baggie of unknown white powder was located in a pill bottle with no label.
- One and a half pills suspected to be Alprazolam,
- Eight pills suspected to be Promethazine Hydrochloride
- 10 pills suspected to be Tizanidine Hydrochloride
- Six pills suspected of being Methylphenidate Hydrochloride
- Two additional pills believed to be Methylphenidate Hydrochloride
- One pill suspected to be Clonazepam
- Four pills suspected to be Oxymorphone Hydrochloride
- One pill suspected to be Memantine Hydrochloridehese
Police said all of the suspected drugs will be sent out to be tested. Police also seied a small amount of marijuana, an electric scale, a marijuana bowl, and a metal smoking pipe.
The man was taken to Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital to be treated for a large cut to his finger. He was later arrested and charged for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle.